Please make sure that all of guidelines below are written for Windows, other guide for Linux or Mac is same same. You can also follow this link: http://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-an-Android-Development-Environment to setup manually Android Development Environment if you don't use ADT.
1. INSTALL ANDORID DEVELOPMENT TOOLKIT (ADT)
- First, please follow this link: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html to download latest ADT.
- Extract ADT archive to a folder in your PC, make the path to go to your ADT as short as possible in order to easier when you work with workspace and import library.
- Go to ADT folder/eclipse, let put eclipse shortcut to the desktop.
2. ECLIPSE IDE CONFIGUARATION
- Run ADT eclipse, set your workspace is your new android workspace.
- It's android default IDE, so it'll have not SVN or other extra tools. You must install them manually.
- Go to menu Windows/Show View/Other/Android to see more android tools. Some tools you should use are:
- Emulator Control
- File Explorer
3. ANDROID SDK MANAGER CONFIGUARATION
- In eclipse, run Android SDK Manager by click on button in toolbar.
- Let install Android 4.4 and Android 2.2 for development. Each version, you can install SDK Platform and ARM System Image or install full if you want.
- You can also install Goolge Play Services, Google USB Driver, Android Support Library...
4. ANDROID VIRTUAL DEVICE MANAGER
- In eclipse, run Android Virtual Device Manager by click on button in toolbar.
- You must define at least one Virtual Device to build and run Android project. Or you can use Genymotion as a replacement solution for better performance.
5. OTHER VIRTUAL DEVICE: GENYMOTION
- Register a Geny account from http://www.genymotion.com/.
- Download latest version from official site.
- Install it and make sure Oracle VM VirtualBox also installed.
- Open Geny from desktop and add a new Virtual Device (You should install a newest and oldest version to increase testing effort).
- After installed a device, you can build your project to them same same you build to official Virtual Device form Goolge ADT.
- You can also install a tablet device for testing.
5.2. Make Genymotion working with Google Play
In default, Genymotion not support Google Play. So, to make researching, developing and testing easier, you must remode genymotion device ROM in order to install Google Play, Mail, etc...
- We have some link:
- Get Genymotion-ARM-Translation_v1.1.zip and a gapps-jb.zip same version with current device you want to make.
- Open Geny Device and drag Genymotion-ARM-Translation_v1.1.zip to install, press Yes if have.
- When completed, drag gapps-jb.zip and install also, press Yes if have.
- After that, restart your device and have fun :)
Leave a Comment